Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Snow Goose

For several years PBS would put this movie into the holiday schedule. I looked forward to it each Christmas. I purchased copies of the small book and gave them to friends and family. This past Christmas I tried to find more copies and it was difficult. I found a few copies of the original which is my favorite . There are no illustrations as in the publication shown here. I would encourage you to check your local library or you can find used copies at Amazon.com.
This is such a moving story of friendship, love and healing. Philip and Frith are characters in this heartwarming tale.

"Theirs is a curious story, wild and simple and strangely moving in its simplicity; and Paul Gallico tells it with all his superb narrative skill and with a remarkable tenderness of vision".

4 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this book. I will indeed try to find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, looks like a wonderful story.
    The cover is full of intrigue and I can always make room for books in my heart, and for birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela~ I am sure you would love it as much as I do. Thank you for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia~ You have many books in your bookbag. Perfect for long, cold, snowy weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers