Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"It's Complicated"...and really good!

Jane and Jake
{Meryl and Alec}


I took myself to see It's Complicated this afternoon. I really liked it. It was charming, light, the set was FABULOUS and the story cute and somewhat believable.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone-

{Like the time I had been counting the days until Message in a Bottle was released. I had no idea how the movie ended, having not read the book first. As I was leaving to see it, a good friend said... "You know- he dies at the end...."! H U H?} Geez...I hope I didn't just ruin that for any of you- but it's been out for over 10 years now.

I have to interject this though. In the bathroom scene at the daughter's house {not the famous bathtub scene above} there is a print hanging on the wall. It looks just like one of Anne Harwell's fabulous chair prints. Check it out. I just sent off an email to Anne asking if it was in fact hers.
If it isn't Anne's work-It should be.
Stop by and visit with
Annechovie if you haven't. She as lovely as they come and such a talent!

~*~
Update: I just heard back from Anne and Yeah... that was Anne's print. This is so fantastic.
One of the best blogs in the business and her print makes it into a major film. Congratulations Anne!

Treat yourself and see this alone or with a friend...or an ex who may be a friend!




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, and I'm also glad Anne was able to have one of her beautiful chairs in a major movie. That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news about Anne's chair drawing making the big screen!

    Thanks Debra for the info on the movie too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see that and conrats to Anne for making the movie. Wow! great for her. I have one of her chair prints in my house. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodevening dear, just a short note to wish you a happy new year (in less than 4 hours over here). That movie is on my to-see-list btw. Ciao bella, XXX, Carmela.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers