Thursday, December 31, 2009

A healthy, happy New Year to you~

~Lucca, Italy~


I was never one to get overly excited about New Year's eve. Not until a few years ago when my sister, my niece and I went to Lucca for Christmas and New Year's.

This charming village that is so close to my heart, came together to celebrate the New Year in grand style. There was live music, fireworks, splits of good champagne handed out freely, and the townspeople welcomed us tourists with opened-arms.

Whole families walked to the center of the walled-village to see in the New Year. People were hugging, kissing, shaking hands and making New Year's promises to see more of one another.
I love thinking that beautiful night. Never has a New Year's eve held such wonder and excitement for me-I'm not sure another will ever be quite as special. Spending these two lovely holidays with the two women that mean so much to me.

~Buon Anno~

My wish for all of my special blog friends, is a very healthy and happy New Year.
I hope that with this new decade all of your hopes and dreams come to fruition.
Each one of you have been a source of inspiration in your own way.
I love starting my day with some of you-and ending my days with those of you in a completely different time zone.


One year ago today I wrote my first blog post.
I have met so many wonderful people through this venture. With so many amazing blogs to read and with our busy lives-I want to Thank~You for taking the time to visit my little blog and for the sweet comments. They really do mean so much.






Image:
Tripadvisor.com

7 comments:

  1. Debra: I'm glad you had the opportunity of a lifetime to visit Lucca, Italy. I know it is near and dear to your heart and soul. What a memory to carry with you, and relive time and time again.
    I also feel the same way as you do about the blogworld. I've been posting for alittle over a year, and it's a passion I look forward to everyday. I log on to see my "blog" friends, exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions. I think it was my fortune to meet nice people such as you! My very Best Wishes for a brilliant New Year to you and your family. May good health and happiness abound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a wonderful two weeks in a villa outside of Lucca during the summer 20 years ago. What a wonderful place it must have been to spend this time of year. Happy New Year!
    Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and happy blog anniversary. I'm so happy you decided to join the blog world. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra- happy anniversary to Your Blog as well! Both of us little babes, it has been fun and best to lifescapes in the year of 2010. Gaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a lovely blog anniversary and a most happy new year! May all your dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra, Happy Anniversary! 2010 will be great for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra, sounds like this NY was the way to celebrate. Happy belated blog anniversary my friend! Wishing you and your family a very bright and happy 2010!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers