Saturday, January 2, 2010

Here's to You~

~A Charlie Brown Christmas~

We just adore the holidays here in this house. We cut our greens when you can still easily get into the woods. We gather the winter berry when the picking is just right and before the snow falls. We really like to stretch out the holidays. We try to get the fresh trees up and decorated two weeks
before the big day. There are arrangements of boxwood, and garlands of fresh balsam, white pine and cedar. Ivory candles that burn day and night.
It is hard for us to let go of the holidays.

~Kir Royale~

Tonight while we await a storm- we're having our customary New Year's cocktail, the Kir Royale. Or at least my version of it. The first time I had one of these it was made with champagne and Chambord-Black Raspberry Liqueur. I do think that the original Kir Royale might be made with Creme De Cassis. I like using Chambord, but very little of it. It don't want my Kir Royale to be too sweet.
Last night, New Year's Eve we opened a bottle of wine, but we waited until tonight for our holiday cocktail.
The weatherman is predicting back to back storms for tonight and into tomorrow and tomorrow evening.
With crab cakes and creamed spinach for dinner, chilled wine and the pups sleeping by the fire...I would say that all is pretty well with the world.

~Pickle~
I think one or two more evenings of A Charlie Brown Christmas, warming fires, fuzzy puppies and lit Christmas trees-along with lots of snow and we'll be ready to pack-up the holidays for another year.

Happy New Year

~2010~


Images:
My own

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Kir Royale happens to be one of my favorite drinks, so festive yet simple to do!
    Love all your boughs, garlands, bows and that your petite cornichon
    is happy to be home sweet home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Debra! I think we all love our cozy comfy corners in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra,
    Lovely post...I love that album and like you it will be hard to let it go until next year. Wonderful childhood memories for me when I listen to it. Happy New Year!
    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up from the iPhone. I too love a Kir Royale! Saw It's Complicated with my sister on NYE-very good movie!

    Sweet picture of Pickle on her pillow! We have a very cold windy night tonight (Saturday) at the Jersey Shore. Although I am tired of the East Coast cold, I look forward to getting back to Alaska on Tuesday with Halle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers