Friday, March 12, 2010

Coming to Portland, Maine

~ The Portland Museum of Art ~

Portland, Maine

There are so many reasons to visit this fabulous city.

~ The waterfront

~ The art galleries

~The shopping

~Some of the best dining in the northeast

~The Portland Museum of Art



~Downtown Portland~


~The Old Port~

*

*

*



*

*

*


*

*

*




*

*

*


... and things about about to get a whole lot better!



*

*

*

Serious rumor has it that Trader Joe's has leased space right near...

*

*

*



*

*

*



~Whole Foods~


It will be interesting to see what, if any effect the two will have on each other. I'm betting both will do just fine.


The distance between my home and Portland is about to get a whole lot shorter.





Images:
Portland Museum of Art
Hay Gallery
Portlandmainedaily .com
visitingnewengland.com
nshoremag.com
wikimedia.org

9 comments:

  1. I love Trader Joe's - I love finding new things, like the ready made fondue in a bag, and the plethora of blossoms when you walk in the store. I find the help to be all about service and if you want something -they can order it for you.
    We do have a Whole Foods too - but I refer to it as "whole paycheck" even though an item or two is always a treat.
    I do love Portland too.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, We've been hoping that Trader Joe's would come to Maine! That would be the best news if the rumor is true! Hope so and hope it's soon!
    We love Trader Joe's and always stock up when visiting family in Conn. and Mass. They also have many products that are gluten free and reasonable for those with a gluten intolerance. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tempting Debra...and gorgeous shots of Portland. Have a very happy weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have either a TJ or a WF. It would be nice! Lovely images of Portland, ME. Looks like a very charming place to wander about in comfy shoes and browse. Thinking of you xoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! You will love Trader Joe's the food is wonderful and if you are anything like me you'll get stuck on the 1.99 carry bags. They are so pretty and always changing.

    How are you doing with the sugar? I will admit at having my slip ups. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old port area looks so delightfully Dickensian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Maine but it's on my list of must visits. Hope you are well. Happy Weekend.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need no convincing Debra - we're on our way!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thank you for your pictures :) I am actually interested in moving to Portland, Maine and would love to hear your experience and definitely see more pictures!

    Are you by chance familiar with how it's similar to and different from Burlington, VT?

    You can reach me at: Not2bforgot10@yahoo.com or yahoo messenger. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers