Friday, September 25, 2009

Autumn Repose~

~Walks along the deserted beach~


~Rest and Relaxation~


Autumn is a time to reflect on the past months and make plans for the upcoming seasons.
This time of year I like to think about my goals for the slow-down of winter in Maine.
~*~
Friday morning I leave for a few days at the cape. I am fortunate enough to share a lovely home on the water with three other women. We all go our separate ways during the day and get together at meal time.

This autumn trip has always been my favorite. There is something about spending time at the ocean when the leaves are changing and a nip in the air.
It's time well spent alone to ponder ones goals and to collect inspiration from the magical surroundings.
~*~
Do you have a special place where you can escape for a few hours or a few days.

I'd love to hear where you go for a little autumn repose.

11 comments:

  1. Oohh...how lovely! That's what I would like to do/have as well. What a treat! Have fun, relax, enjoy and dear Lord...what a lucky woman you are. My place to escape?? The bathroom?! Locked! -lol- XXX, Carmie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Debra sounds like heaven at the cape. I hope you get lots of rest and relaxing and laughs. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to take Autumn walks with my dog and my family along the Croton Aqueduct. Going upstate and seeing the open country and lost toys abandoned along the road makes me think of the life lived....
    I think fall is such a reflective time. Enjoy your time away.
    Sounds divine!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. For my East Coast escapes it is ALWAYS the Jersey Shore. I am a July girl through and through and like a lemming I must return to the ocean.

    While at home in Anchorage, I like to take the scenic Seward Highway southbound along the Turnagain Arm to the Turnagain House (20 mins from my house) or to Alyeska Resort in Girdwood. Mountain views, waterfalls, very relaxing.

    Have an awesome beach getaway! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds heavenly. I'd love a place to escape to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The woods have always been a place for me to go to and rejuvenate. The crisp cool air and the scenery of the tall trees settles into my being. I always feel refreshed after an afternoon walk. I think I know why Robert Frost always walked through the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra the first image has inspired me for a new painting, thank you for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos to go with your magical words. Have a golden time my friend! Sending you hugs... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful few days with your girlfriends Debra...enjoy the autumn leaves, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope you are having a wonderful time! that sounds like a perfect getaway. i used to go to a marina and just sit...sometimes even read. i go to the beach more now.....but when it's quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers