Thursday, July 9, 2009

Keeping me honest~

~Little Miss Pickle~

Yorkie-Poo



~Sweet Lucca~

Standard Poodle


These are the two pups that keep me honest.

~*~


Pickle was my mid-life crisis. Pretty harmless {most of the time} and is just so small and cute. She's loving, loud and keeps us on our toes. I took one look at her photo back in September and knew I had to adopt her from the life she was leading. When we got her, she was just over 3 pounds! She's now a healthy 5.5 pounds. Pickle loves a good cuddle and I'm more than happy to comply.

~*~

Lucca is my angel girl. Instinctively knows when something isn't quite right with the world. She has been my constant companion for six years. Lucca is the third chocolate standard we have had join our family. She's happy to lay at my feet while I read, sketch or fold laundry.

These pups keep me honest~ they let me know when it's time to go for a walk, take a little rest, have a snack and when to get to work.


Ina asked to see my pups and when I realized I'd never introduced them to you I was shocked! They are a huge part of our family and the very best companions.

And~ if you haven't visited Ina's fabulous blog, you're missing something really special. Stop by today for smile and a little "Champagne on Thursday".


Do you have a constant companion that keeps you honest and is always there to make the world a better place?


Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Pickle and Lucca are so adorable. It's funny I was never really a dog person until we got Sophie and now she is my world. Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pups are darling....i feel the same way about Ina.....looked back over some older posts...look forward to reading more...(i love the things i know for sure list...so true)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucca and Pickle are so very cute. I can understand why you consider them as part of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb, your gals are beautiful! I love dill pickles and Pickle is the cutest little pickle. She is a small fry isn't she.

    As you know our Kelly girl keeps my heart overfilled with joy. I count my blessing each day she is with us. Next month hopefully we will celebrate her 15th bday!

    Hugs to you and the pups from Kelly and me!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do, but he is only a recent addition to our family and you're right...dogs are brilliant at keeping you honest. nice to meet lucca and pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again, I second it, Ina is a sweetheart heart with a heart full of love and gold not only for 2 legged, but 4 legged friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to say "knitting" keeps me honest, if you drop or miss a stitch - I always say "knitting keeps me honest!" Of course, many friends keep me honest and my faithful companion.
    Love your pooches!
    PvE

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweeties they are. I have Jack to keep me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have three of those little companions Ranging from 8#s to 60#s. And you're right they sure keep you honest and in this world.

    I love the pictures your dogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dogs are beautiful! I like your way of thinking.... "they let me know when it's time to go for a walk, take a little rest, have a snack and when to get to work." so true! For me that person in my life right now is Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The way Lucca is looking at you.... pure love. There is just nothing like a standard poodle for loyalty and steadfastness. And little Pickle--what a cute little sweetheart! Thank you so much for sharing your precious babies. As you so well know I just adore dogs. I am thankful Pickle found a forever loving home with you.

    And Debra!! I have been thinking and worried for you and wished to send a toast over to you on this first Champagne Thursday of your return to Lifescapes and your blog friends. How amazing that we had the same thought.... we will raise a glass to you and send our best cheer your way later today....Hooray for you, Debra!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any pets, yet, Debra, but I am thinking it might be nice to adopt a yorkie at some point. So nice you enjoy your pups so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sweet little pug keeps me honest and makes my days even happier!

    Loved meeting your cute little puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm here from Ina's blog. I have to say that Pickle and Lucca are gorgeous! Don't they do so much for our lives??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your two pooches, they're so expressive. I have a dog too, and he keeps me grounded and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little pups are adorable.. I've had my Allie girl now for 14 years - she's been with me through it all...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What cutiepies!!!

    I don't know what I would do without my constant companion Cheddar. He is always there with a big smile and wagging plume, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a handsome pair!
    Edward sends regards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post definitely caught my attention as I am a big dog lover. Thank you for sharing your beautiful four legged family members with us. They are adorable and it is nice to hear how attentive they are to you.

    I have two constant companions that sleep under my desk and follow me all around. One of them is especially tuned into our emotions and is always there for us. It is a special gift.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers