Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Winter Berry~

~Festive Winter Berry~


On Saturday we went off to scour for Winter Berry. On our visit to the coast a couple of weeks ago I spied this glorious patch of the festive berries. Rather than hunt for it locally or taking the chance of trespassing, we headed back to this spot. State owned property with NO 'No Trespassing" signs. Yes! guilt-free cutting.


So the planters will be decked-out for the holidays in all of nature's finery.

Now... to find nice, full evergreen brush.

~*~

"NO TRESPASSING".

This one gets more difficult each year. Finding nice, thick, full evergreen brush is more of a challenge. Naturally we wouldn't think of cutting from someones private property, and I know from my years of being a gardener this does not harm the evergreens. It is actually good for the trees if done prudently.
So, that will be left for another weekend. I'll show you the end result when we're finished.


Images:
My own

9 comments:

  1. we have a wonderful pyracanthas bush which I love to snip branches for arrangements. I also love these, so today I will see if I can find any on my walk!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your evergreen brush soon. Looking forward to seeing the components and then final result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous berries I can't wait to see what you do with it. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing the results. I don't see the winter berries here, they must be available though?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No shortage of evergreen here! Come on up and let's cut some!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already imagining that delicious evergreen smell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, these images are stunning! The berries are delicate, richly colored - divine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers